Sunday, April 13, 2008

Korinne (Kepani) Corpuz

Hey SAS class of 1987. Well I guess I will be the first post that says I am still on Maui. I married a local boy that graduated the same year as us, from Maui High, Lloyd Corpuz. We will soon be married for 20 years, and have two children, a boy and a girl. Our son is Kyle (19) and our daughter is Kylee (9). My son graduated this past year from King Kekaulike and my daughter is in the Hawaiian immersion program where all of their studies are and homework is conducted using the Hawaiian language.

When we graduated, I began working at our only acute hospital, Maui Memorial Medical Center, and decided that I wanted to become a nurse, and received my Associate of Science degree in nursing in 1998. I continued to work at the hospital, and decided I wanted to torture myself more, and received my Bachelor of Science degree from the University of Phoenix in 2005. I am currently a registered nurse in the outpatient surgery area and the recovery room.

My husband's class had 2 reunions last year, that we attended, and it was fun. They had one here on Maui, and another one in Las Vegas. I hope we can all get together soon, and I think this is a great wayto start. Hope to see everyone soon.
Korinne (Kepani) Corpuz

2 comments:

Anthony Jones said...

Korinne,

Thanks for posting. It's great to see people getting in to the blog. Wow, that's really cool that your daughter is doing the Hawaiian immersion program.

Anthony

Judy (Rezents) Davies said...

Hi Korinne,
What a great update. Glad to hear that your family is well. It sounds like your work is very fulfilling.

Judy